Subject: HDC application for New Dwelling located at 3 Red Barn Rd
From: "Mark Voigt" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ernst J. Meyer" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:42:40 -0500

Dear Mr. Ernst Meyer,
Thank you for faxing your letter dated January 31, 2005 which is a response
to our prior  phone conversation regarding your current application for a
Certificate of Appropriateness.  I would like to clarify the situation.
Your project is being held pending revisions as per the minutes I faxed to
you the other day.  The 60 day period you referred to was extended, by you
or your wife, and approved by the HDC staff.  The current expiration date is
Feb. 15, 2005 and the deadline for submissions for that hearing is Feb.  11,
2005.  If revisions or another extension are not forthcoming then the HDC
will make a decision on your application, which is usually a denial due to a
lack of responding to their suggestions (minutes) within the allotted time
period.  Appeals of the HDC decision can be made to the Board of Selectmen
(BOS)within 10 days of the official minutes of the proceedings having been
submitted to the Town Clerk. 

The HDC is available every two weeks, if necessary to hear project = proposals
and/or their subsequent revisions.  The HDC staff is also available during
the normal office hours to advise and offer assistance.  Our phone
conversation the other day was the first time I was aware their was an issue
regarding your proposal.  It is quite typical for an applicant to make
revisions to their original proposal as per the HDC concerns. 
Specifically, the HDC had concerns about the lack of appropriate trim detail,
shallow roof pitch and single lite window design. 
My additional comments are as follows:

Greek revival proportions would not be appropriate for the setting
and suggest an increase to the roof pitch up to 8/12.  Application reflects
a 25' ridge height which can be raised a bit to accommodate the suggested
increased roof pitch. 

*	All windows should be shown as divided lite windows and the majority
should be double hung with a rectangular 3:5 proportion, vertically
oriented.  Windows should be separated by the typical 5 inch trim and a 6
inch minimum shingle space.  Larger windows should not be above smaller
windows.
*	Chimney should be a traditional design with brick or parged material
*	Stair placement OK.  Drawing needs to indicate appropriate detailing
of typical stair detail eg. thickness, material, rake board and railing.
*	Accurate Grade line should be reflected on all elevations. =20
*	Typical Front door with appropriate trim.

Thank you for submitting your application and if these changes can be
incorporated into the drawings you will be very close to, or actually
achieving an approval from the HDC without having to initiate an appeal to
the BOS.  Again the deadline for these revisions to be submitted to our
office is Noon, February 11th.  If you would like to request an extension
please submit it in writing.  Please contact me if you have any questions
regarding this correspondence or on your project in general.

Respectfully,
Mark W. Voigt, AICP
Administrator, Nantucket Historic District Commission
(508) 228-7231

=================

Ernst J. Meyer
174 School Street.
Belmont, Massachusetts 02478

617-484-8109
[email-masked]

February 3, 2005

Mr. Mark Voigt, Administrator
Nantucket Historic District Commission
37 Washington Street
Nantucket MA 02554

Dear Mr. Voigt,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your e-mail letter of
February 2, 2005.

You assert: "The 60 day period you referred to was
extended, by you or your wife, and approved by the HDC
staff."

Having reviewed my files and my notes, I can find no
records, and neither I nor my wife have any memory of having
requested or agreed to such an extension.

I ask therefore that you mail to me promptly copies of
all documents in your files that support your assertion. If
before you mail them, you could also fax them to me, that
would be helpful. The fax number is 617-489-1043, but you
need to telephone me on 617-484-8109 (or 617-489-1043) prior
to initiating the fax transmission, so I can turn on my
machine. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely yours,

Ernst J. Meyer
===============

Ernst J. Meyer, M.D.
174 School Street
Belmont, Massachusetts 02478

617-484-8109
[email-masked]

April 29, 2006

re: Meyer v Nantucket Historic District Commision et al.
Nantucket Superior Court Civil Action No. 05-16

Paul R. DeRensis, Esq.
Deutsch Williams Brooks DeRensis & Holland, PC
99 Summer Street
Boston MA 02110-1213

Dear Mr. DeRensis,

On March 29, 2006, in the course of a Status Review
hearing in the above captioned case, Ms. Kimberly M. Saillant, 
at your direction, promised Judge Connon, that the respondent
the Nantucket Historic District Commission would issue to me
the contested Certificate of Appropriateness. Ms. Saillant,
speaking at your direction and/or with your consent further
promised Judge Connon that she would telephone Nantucket Tele-
vision and instruct Nantucket Television to provide me with a
true copy of the video recording of the Nantucket Board of
Selectmen's Meeting of April 27, 2005.

As of 9 a.m. on April 29, 2006, I have received neither
the Certificate of Appropriateness nor the true copy of the
video recording in issue.

Please advise me what further actions, if any, are
expected of me precedent to the fulfillment of the promises
that were made to the Court at your direction and or with
your consent on March 29, 2006.

Inasmuch as the Court accepted your promises and in
reliance on them refrained from scheduling the case for trial,
please explain to me, why your failure to fulfill your promises
without explanation, should not be adjudged fraud upon the Court.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely yours,

Ernst J. Meyer

=================